Entertainment and media industry is widely diversified and has witnessed transformation in terms of technology and applications in recent years. This transformation has led to global entertainment and media enterprises to offer innovative content and effective distribution models to stay ahead in the highly competitive market. The key players in the market are constantly developing strategies to combine high-quality content and distribute it to offer enhanced user experience in terms of content discovery and attractive prices. The industry is significantly benefitted by digital tools and platforms facilitating efficient production, distribution, and consumption of content revolutionizing the market growth.
The global entertainment and media market is expected to reach approximately USD 6,709.4 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 10.40% during the forecast period.
The market has been divided into various segments based on type and application.
By type, the market has been segmented into book and magazine, films and theatrical, social media, music, animation, video games, outdoor advertising, radio and broadcasting, amusement park/facilities, sports, toys, and art. The media and entertainment industry is changing at a rapid pace due to the proliferation of smart and connected devices such as smartphones, tablets, smart speakers, gaming consoles, and smart TVs and increased adoption of the Internet. The global entertainment and media market, by type, has been segmented into films and theatrical, music, social media, animation, video games, sports, art, amusement park/ facilities, radio and broadcasting, book and magazines, toys, and outdoor advertising. The books and magazine segment dominated global entertainment and media market in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.51% during the forecast period of 2019-2030. However, the video games segment is expected to be the fastest-growing at a CAGR of 14.95% during the forecast period of 2019-2030
By application, the market has been bifurcated as wired and wireless. Both wired and wireless applications use channels for data transmission between transmitters and receivers. The wired medium uses cables for transmission, whereas the wireless medium uses frequency spectrum such as radio waves and microwaves. Wired and wireless connectivity is used in devices such as smartphones, tablets, PCs, televisions, and gaming consoles for media and entertainment purposes. The wired segment dominated the global entertainment and media market by application in 2018 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 9.56% during the forecast period of 2019-2030. However, the wireless segment is expected to be the fastest-growing segment during the forecast period.
The key players of the Entertainment and Media Market include Baidu Inc. (China), News Corporation (US), Advance Publications, Inc. (US), iHeartMedia, Inc. (US), Discovery, Communication Inc. (US), Grupo Globo (Brazil), Warner Media, LLC (US), Verizon Communications Inc. (US), Alphabet Inc. (US), Comcast Corporation (US), Facebook, Inc. (US), Bertelsmann SE and Co. KGaA (Bertelsmann) (Germany), Viacom, Inc. (US), CBS Corporation (US), and The Walt Disney Company (US) among others.
Global Entertainment and Media Market Analysis and Forecast, from 2018 to 2024
* To provide a detailed analysis of the market structure along with a forecast of the various segments and sub-segments of the global media and entertainment market
* To provide insights into the factors affecting market growth
* To analyze the entertainment and media market based on value chain and Porter's five force analysis
* To provide historical and forecast revenue of the market segments and sub-segments with respect to four main geographies and their countriesâ€”North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the rest of the world
* To provide country-level analysis of the market with respect to the current market size and future perspective
* To provide country-level analysis of the market for a segment on the basis of type, end-user, and region
* To provide strategic profiling of key players in the market, comprehensively analyzing their core competencies, and drawing a competitive landscape for the market
* To track and analyze competitive developments such as joint ventures, strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, new product developments, and research and developments in the media and entertainment market
* Television companies
* Managed service providers and middleware companies
* Gaming companies
* Advertising and marketing
* Amusement park
* Sports companies
* The global entertainment and media market is expected to reach USD 6,709.4 billion by 2030
* By type, the books and magazines segment dominated the market, generating the higher revenue of USD 345.5 billion in 2018; it is projected to be the leading segment in the future, registering a CAGR of 5.51% during the forecast period.
* By application, the wired segment accounted for the largest market share with a market value of 1,327.7 billion in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.59% during the forecast period.
* Geographically, North America has been projected to hold the largest market share in the global media and entertainment market, followed by Europe.
Regional and Country Analysis of Entertainment and Media MarketEntertainment and Media MarketEstimation and Forecast
Geographically, North America is dominating the global entertainment and media market due to the presence of various key players in the region such as Comcast Corporation, The Walt Disney Company, Google LLC, Facebook Inc., Warner Media LLC, Viacom Inc., Time Inc., and others. The region is a global hub for media and entertainment offerings that include film and television, music, social media, sports, arts, theater, video games, and publishing. Furthermore, the American Film Industry, also known as Hollywood, generates billions of dollars of revenue every year which contributes to the market growth in this region. The media and entertainment industry also generates revenue from strong news broadcasting services offered by various enterprises in the US, Canada, and Mexico. Consumers are widely adopting smartphones, smart devices such as digital assistants, smart speakers, and internet for entertainment purpose. However, Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing market due the growth of entertainment and media market in this region is the presence of major media providers and large population in the countries such as India and China demanding high-quality media content
The report on the entertainment and media market also covers the following country-level analysis:
* North America
o Rest of Europe
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia-Pacific
* Rest of the World
o Middle East and Africa
o Latin America
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.
Single User License - Only one user can access this report at time, users are not allowed to take a print out of the report PDF.
Enterprise User License - This license will allow the entire company (Interface) to access the unlocked PDF version of this report without any restrictions. You can also take the print out if you wish to receive the hard copy version of this report.
Multi User License - This license will be allowing up to five users have access to the product. The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.
Site License - This is a site license, allowing all users within a given geographical location of your organisation access to the product. The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.